What is mind map?
• A mind map is a multicolored and image centered, radial diagram that represents semantic or other connections between portions of learned material hierarchically. Developed by Tony Buzan.
• A mind map is often created around a single concept.
• Major ideas are connected directly to the central concept, and other ideas branch out from those.
• Main function or benefit of mind map is that it shows sub-topics of a domain in a creative and seamless manner.
• Mostly used in personal note taking and reviewing.
• Its format is center-out i.e. spreading from the center.
• Mind maps more flexible, and more personal than concept mapping.
Application of Mind map
• It can be used to generate, visualize, structure and classify ideas and as an aid to studying and organizing information, solving problems etc.
• These maps have several applications in personal, educational and business situations, including note taking, brainstorming, summarizing.
A Simple Mind Map