“Computer technology not only can represent your dreams, it can execute them” Alan Perlis. Director MIT Computer Labs
Reality is such a complex thing, that, it’s very difficult to understand all the riddle of the world reality as a whole and at once. Here comes the role of modelling which helps us in understanding the world around us.
The new computer especially the software technology provides us with immense possibilities to model and simulate the reality to have a better understanding of it.
But in order to model something we need to keep a lot of things in mind. Before we start modelling we should know about the following things;
- Understanding of a system (scientific, business, social or whatever)
- Represented in some formalism that can be
- Expressed in a machine interpretable form, and
- Executed to produce some output that can be
- Interpreted by people in the context of the system and
- Understand the limits of the interpretations